Why School Buildings Matter
- 1 Eitland and Allen, “Schools for Health: Foundations for Student Success”, National Association of State Boards of Education (2019): 6
- 2 Makerspace in Evergreen Charter School, Martin Hopp Architect
- 3 Otto Herschan, photograph, Getty
- 4 Noah Berger, Photograph, abcNews, May 21, 2020
- 5 Grinde and Patil, “Biophilia: Does Visual Contact with Nature Impact on Health and Well-Being?”, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 6, no. 9 (2009)
- 6 Planting at feature staircase in Evergreen Charter School, Martin Hopp Architect.
- 7 Boubekri, Cheung, J. Reid, Wang, C. Zee, “Impact of Windows and Daylight Exposure on Overall Health and Sleep Quality of Office Workers: A Case-Control Pilot Study”, J Clin Sleep Med. 10(6) (2014).
- 8 Buckley, Schneider, and Shang, “The Effects of School Facility Quality on Teacher Retention in Urban School Districts”, National Clearinghouse for Educational Facilities (2004).
- 9 Andrews, Archieval, “How School Facilities Improve A Child’s School Experience”, Fresco News, 2019, https://www.fresconews.com/how-school-facilities-improve-a-childs-school-experience/